Volunteers are always welcome and needed in any association. Proper training and certification is necessary for most positions. The kids need volunteers to help, support their development, and to be a positive role model.
A criminal record check (CRC) is mandatory once every three (3) years for all Team Officials and all coaching staff are required to complete the Certification Clinics by December 15th of each season. Please refer to the BC Hockey Course Options to review the clinic that is right for you… http://www.bchockey.net/Clinics/Clinics.aspx
RESPECT IN SPORT:
- All coaches regardless of level of coaching must complete Respect In Sport for Activity Leaders. The program will train and educate all coaches, managers, safety people, parents, players, and administrators on awareness of bullying, harassment and abuse.
- All team officials MUST have CRC, RIS and CATT completed prior to participating with LCDMHA.
INTRODUCTION TO COACHING: 8 hours, Pre-novice & Novice
COACH STREAM: 12 hours, Atom and above. All Recreational / house athletes.
- Utilize a basic plan from relevant Hockey Canada resources that serve as a priority checklist for on and off ice activities throughout the season
- Communicate and interact effectively with players, parents, officials and league administrators through parent meetings, team building and other team activities.
- Demonstrate awareness of the game environment and respond appropriately by enouraging participants and working with the fair play guidelines.
- Utilize and conduct an effective on-ice practice for skill and tactic acquisition using appropriate drills in a safe and enjoyable atmosphere which respects the age and proficiencey of the participants.
- Verify the fafety of all facilities that the athletes are participating in.
- Be a poitive role model.
DEVELOPMENT 1: 16 Hours, PeeWee and above. HC/BC Hockey Carded players, Rep. Athletes
- The Development 1 program can be divided into several key program outcome areas. Analyzing Performance, Planning and Designing a Practice Session, Planning and Designing a Sport Program, Coaching at Practice, Program Management (Developement 1 only) and Coaching in Competititon (Development 2 only).